11.11.06

cocinero mío

An undertaker's shop
Undertaker (Graham Chapman): Morning.
Man (John Cleese): Good morning.
U.: What can I do for you, squire?
M.: Um, well, I wonder if you can help me. You see, my mother has just died and I'm not quite sure what I should do.
U.: Ah well, we can help you. We deal with stiffs.
M.: What? Stiffs?
U.: Yea. Now well, there's three things we can do with your mum. We can bury her, burn her, or dump her.
M.: Dump her?
U.: Dump her in the Thames.
M.: What?
U.: Oh, did you like her?
M.: Yes!
U.: Oh well, we won't dump her then. Well, what do you think? We can bury her or burn her.
M.: Well, which do you recommend?
U.: Well, they're both nasty. If we burn her, she gets stuffed in the flames, crackle, crackle, crackle, which is a bit of a shock if she's not quite dead, but quick. And then we give you handful of ashes, which you can pretend are hers.
M.: Oh.
U.: Or, if we bury her she gets eaten up by maggots and weevils, nibble, nibble, nibble, which as I said before is a bit of a shock if she's not quite dead.
M.: I see. Um. Well, I... I... I.. I'm not very sure. But yes, she's definitely dead.
U.: Where is she?
M.: She's in this sack.
U.: Can I have a look? She looks quite young.
M.: Yes, yes, she was.
U.: FRED!
Fred (Eric Idle, offstage): Yeah?
U.: I THINK WE'VE GOT AN EATER!
F.: Right, I'll get the oven on.
M.: WHAT? Er, excuse me, um, are you... are you suggesting eating my mother?
U.: Er... Yeah. But not raw, cooked.
M.: What?
U.: Yes, roasted with a few french fries, broccoli, horseradish sauce... She'd be delicious with a a bit of stuffing. Delicious!
M.: WHAT?
(pause)
M.: Well, I do feel a bit peckish.
U.: Great!
M.: Can we have some parsnips?
U.: FRED! GET SOME PARSNIPS!
M.: No! NO, I can't! I really don't think I should.
U.: Look, tell you what, we'll eat her, and if you feel a bit guilty about it afterwards, we can dig a grave and you can throw up in it.
M.: All right.


The Undertaker Sketch, Monty Python Flying Circus, Royal Episode Thirteen (Temporada 2 Episodio 13), emitido por BBC1 el 22 de diciembre de 1970... sí, podría decirse que me recibieron así.

Este post responde como puede a la convocatoria realizada acá por mi amigo angus.