27.10.06

And in the land where I grew up, into the bosom of technology, I kept my feelings to myself until the perfect moment comes.

Then into your bloodstream I will go until I turn into a part of you flooding the garden of delights. That was a long long time ago, that was a long long time ago.

It's not the ending of the world, it's only the closing of a discotheque I used to go three times a week, but that was a long long time ago. Yeah, that was a long long time ago.

And that roaring that you hear is only the blood that circles constantly. No, it is not applause my dear, that was a long long time ago. That was a long long time ago.

In between stations I can hear a million possibilities, it's only the singing of the stars that burned out a long long time ago, they burned out a long long time ago.


David Byrne, A long time ago, davidbyrne, 1994.